Our graduate internship program is a paid internship program designed to provide recent graduates with useful hands-on exposure to the business world by providing solid on-the-job training and mentorship to Interns. The successful candidate will be taken through the rudiments of auditing financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements and calculating tax payments and returns. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience with bookkeeping and a flair for spotting numerical mistakes.
The ideal candidate to occupy this role will have the opportunity to acquire relevant skills by effectively participating in the process of entering accounting data through to being able to make sense of such data for management decision-making.
Every opportunity at DCL Laboratory Products Ltd is unique and highly competitive, available for the best candidate who wishes to commence their firsthand career with us.
What to expect from the Program.
- Participation in cross-firm training sessions designed to offer visibility on the activities of different teams.
- Access to internal training resources and the guidance of a mentor to bridge the educational gap.
- Human Resources sessions on professionalism in the workplace and career path coaching
- Assist in auditing financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements and calculating tax payments and returns.
- Maintain customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and any other reports as may be required.
- Assist in the preparation and filing of forms for payments of taxes and other statutory obligations.
- Assist in following up on outstanding advances and ensure timely reconciliation of the payables and receivables.
- Control and enter all expenses accurately in the petty cash book
- Conduct routine physical checks of assets, including IT equipment and inventories.
- HND or Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or College with Strong academic credentials in Accounting/Finance or other related studies and must have completed National Service.
- Strong Excel proficiency required, with prior financial reporting experience preferred
- Excellent technical foundations in corporate finance and accounting.
- History of relevant internship/work experience, schoolwork, and/or extracurricular activity.
- A high degree of resourcefulness in conducting research and analysis.
- Demonstrable initiative, commitment toward excellence in work and great attention to detail.
- Self-disciplined, take accountability and operates with integrity
- Team-oriented with an emphasis on written and verbal communication